Student Enrollment Process

Welcome to Baboquivari Unified School District's online enrollment registration.

Thank you for your interest in attending Baboquivari Unified School District. BUSD offers you a free and quality educational choice in a safe, caring, and respectful environment. BUSD schools offer a rigorous education taught by highly qualified teachers. We look forward to meeting your family and we are available to answer any other questions you may have.

Enrollment Process

During the enrollment process, we will ask you for the following documents. You can submit the documents online or bring documents to the school office.

  • Proof of Residency (required at time of enrollment)
  • Proof of Age and Identity (requested)
  • Immunizations (required at time of attendance)
  • If Applicable: Native American Enrollment Certification

McKinney-Vento Eligibility and Regulations

If your living arrangement is both temporary and the result of economic hardship, you may qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento Act. The purpose of this law is to provide academic stability for the students of families in transition.

Children who qualify under McKinney-Vento have a right to:

  • Attend the school they were attending when their family moved to a temporary address because of economic hardship, even if the school is in another school district.
  • Start school immediately while people at school help families obtain school and immunization records or other documents necessary for enrollment.
  • Enroll in school without having a permanent address.

Fill out the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Form.

Proof of Residency

In order to register your student in the Baboquivari Unified School District, the parent or guardian must provide at least one (1) piece of documentation indicating the place of residency. You can upload this document at the time of registration or can be hand delivered to the school office.

Immunization Records

By law we require all students entering Arizona public schools to be immunized prior to the start of classes. We require proof of immunizations or signed waiver at the time of enrollment. This must include the name of the person, the birth date, the type of vaccine administered, and the month, day, and year of each immunization. Immunizations are available at no cost through the County Health Department. Call the Immunization Hotline at (602) 555-8856 for dates and locations.

Birth Certificate

We use a birth certificate to verify the correct legal name and birth date. In compliance with federal, state, and district guidelines, all students must enroll using the legal name on the student's birth certificate unless you provide a court-ordered name change and a photocopy of the name change at enrollment. (You have 30 days to provide a certified copy of the birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity with an affidavit explaining why you can't provide a birth certificate is acceptable.) ARS 15-828. You can upload birth at the time of registration, or hand deliver it to the school office.

Legal Guardianship or Custody Papers

Legal guardianship or custody papers are necessary, if applicable to this student based on the following scenarios:

  • If an adoption has taken place, it is reflected with an amended birth certificate, and student lives with adoptive parents as listed on the amended birth certificate, that is sufficient.
  • If a student lives with one custodial parent as the result of a divorce.
  • If the student lives with anyone else, i.e. grandparents, aunt, uncle, sibling, friends, or other relatives, we must have a photocopy of the court papers granting guardianship within 30 days of enrollment. You can upload court papers granting guardianship at the time of registration, or hand deliver them to the school office.